Quick Tomato Sauce:
A family favorite meal (that we probably have weekly) is curry bowls! We have several favorite restaurants that we regularly get curry from, but, of course, I wanted to try my own version at home. I created this really simple Red Thai Curry. I keep our pantry stocked with canned coconut milk and add different vegetables that I have on hand.
1. Cook the lentils in boiling water until just tender (20 minutes). Drain and set aside.
2. Chop the asparagus in 2” pieces (discard the woody ends), chop the zucchini into small diced size pieces and finely chop the onion.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a skillet and add the asparagus, zucchini, onion and snap peas. Season the vegetables with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook only for a couple of minutes, then remove from the heat.
4. Add the cooked lentils to the vegetables and mix in the lemon juice. Add chopped avocado and finely minced fresh herbs. Garnish with sunflower or sesame seeds.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
• 1 carton vegetable broth – 4 cups
• 4 cups water
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 celery stalks, chopped
• 2 carrots, peeled and diced
• 4 potatoes, diced
• 1 zucchini, diced
• 1 cup frozen corn
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1 cup fresh herbs: parsley, oregano, basil or 1 tsp dried herbs
• 1- 15 oz. can garbanzo, kidney or cannellini beans
• 1- 28 oz. can crushed or diced tomatoes
• Optional: Add minced greens (kale, mustard greens, spinach)
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 cups, cooked brown rice, cooked pasta shells or alphabet pasta
1. Add onion, garlic, celery, carrots, potatoes and zucchini to a large pot*
2. Add broth and 4 cups water. Bring to boil and simmer until carrots are soft.
3. Add corn, peas, garbanzo beans and crushed tomatoes. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Add salt to taste, fresh herbs and minced greens.
You can also add: green beans, cabbage and any other favorite veggies!
*To make in the Instant Pot, add all ingredients to the Instant Pot. Close and seal lid. Cook on manual mode for 10 minutes. Release steam and open lid. Add salt and cooked pasta shells, brown rice or alphabet pasta.
· 4 medium size zucchinis; Cut into Spiral Noodles. Add to bowl and set aside.
Quick Tomato Sauce:
· 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
· 1 garlic clove
· Fresh or dried Italian herbs (basil, parsley, oregano)
· Optional: fresh tomatoes
· Red pepper flakes (if you want it spicy)
· Salt to taste
1. In blender, add tomatoes, garlic, herbs and spices and blend for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add sauce to a small sauce pan and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
3. Top zucchini noodles with sauce.
4. Top with: vegan parmesan (recipe below), chopped walnuts, pine nuts, sun-dried or fresh tomatoes
· ½ cup raw almonds
· ½ cup raw cashews
· ¼ cup nutritional yeast
· ½ tsp salt
· ¼ tsp garlic powder
Combine all ingredients and pulse in food processor into fine meal consistency.
Zoodles are also a fun way to get kids involved! Check out our favorite spiralizer on Amazon here: Vegetable Spiralizer
Not only is it a fun 2007 Disney movie featuring Chef Remy the rat, but Ratatouille is a delicious French Provencal dish featuring seasonal stewed vegetables. It's also my favorite way to use eggplant, which is abundantly grown in the Las Vegas school gardens. Kids will love this flavorful dish!
· 2 tbsp. olive oil
· 2 cups chopped onion
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
· 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
· 5 1/2 cups diced and peeled eggplant (about 1 pound)
· 1 small zucchini, diced
· 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can organic diced tomatoes, undrained and/or fresh tomatoes
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· Fresh herbs (parsley, basil)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Add the eggplant, bell pepper, zucchini, and tomatoes; stir to combine and cook until vegetables are tender.
4. Add fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
6. Serve over brown rice.
Here is a simple Cauliflower Rice dish which would make a delicious and healthy, low
carbohydrate and gluten free meal.
Join my email list and immediately gain access to my TOP FIVE SMOOTHIE RECIPES right now as a thank you!!
NEW RECIPES DELIVERED FOR FREE!
Get the latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox, and be the first to hear about new cooking classes, workshops, blog post updates, and more! Give it a try...you can unsubscribe at any time. :-)
And, of course, I promise to never spam you or sell your email address to anyone.
PLEASE NOTE: The information provided throughout my website pertaining to your health or wellness, is not intended to be a substitute for the professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by your own physician or health care provider. It is intended to be provided for informational, educational, and self-empowerment purposes only. This information should not be used to diagnose, treat or cure any illness or health condition. If you have, or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your physician or health care provider. A Health Coach is defined as a guide and mentor who empowers clients to take responsibility for their own health and supports them to implement and sustain lifestyle and behavior changes that will contribute to the achievement of their personal wellness goals. I became certified as a Health Coach because of my passion for health and wellness, and to work with others on incorporating positive and healthy changes in their lives.
© 2018 Web Design by Lisa Smith, Geek Girls In Vegas