1. Cook the lentils in boiling water until just tender (20 minutes). Drain and set aside.
2. Chop the asparagus in 2” pieces (discard the woody ends), chop the zucchini into small diced size pieces and finely chop the onion.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a skillet and add the asparagus, zucchini, onion and snap peas. Season the vegetables with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook only for a couple of minutes, then remove from the heat.
4. Add the cooked lentils to the vegetables and mix in the lemon juice. Add chopped avocado and finely minced fresh herbs. Garnish with sunflower or sesame seeds.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Whether you are already a fan of kale and broccoli, this salad will make you love it even more and if you aren't a fan, then welcome to the kale and broccoli club! With a dressing made of orange, lemon and lime this salad is a flavor explosion! Best of all, it has been kid tested and approved!
Triple Citrus Vinaigrette
1, 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 tomato, diced
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
½ yellow or red bell pepper, finely chopped
½ jalapeno, finely chopped
½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Juice of 1 or 2 limes, about ¼ cup (use the zest too!)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
Ice Berg, Romaine or Bibb Lettuce work great for the wraps
1. Add beans to large bowl.
2. Mix in tomato, corn, cucumber, bell pepper, jalapeno and cilantro.
3. Add cumin and salt.
4. Pour lime juice over all and combine well. Scoop mixture into lettuce cups.
With just a few simple and fresh ingredients, you can make these delicious and healthy black bean and veggie lettuce wraps! Enjoy!
• 1 carton vegetable broth – 4 cups
• 4 cups water
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 celery stalks, chopped
• 2 carrots, peeled and diced
• 4 potatoes, diced
• 1 zucchini, diced
• 1 cup frozen corn
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1 cup fresh herbs: parsley, oregano, basil or 1 tsp dried herbs
• 1- 15 oz. can garbanzo, kidney or cannellini beans
• 1- 28 oz. can crushed or diced tomatoes
• Optional: Add minced greens (kale, mustard greens, spinach)
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 cups, cooked brown rice, cooked pasta shells or alphabet pasta
1. Add onion, garlic, celery, carrots, potatoes and zucchini to a large pot*
2. Add broth and 4 cups water. Bring to boil and simmer until carrots are soft.
3. Add corn, peas, garbanzo beans and crushed tomatoes. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Add salt to taste, fresh herbs and minced greens.
You can also add: green beans, cabbage and any other favorite veggies!
*To make in the Instant Pot, add all ingredients to the Instant Pot. Close and seal lid. Cook on manual mode for 10 minutes. Release steam and open lid. Add salt and cooked pasta shells, brown rice or alphabet pasta.
Yield: 1-1/2 cups dressing
Click below for my guide on how to build a perfect SALAD!
We love making various types of salsa. This one is a favorite and is loaded with lots of fresh veggies, herbs and protein! We even added some finely chopped broccoli to get an extra serving of veggies in there!
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
Join my email list and immediately gain access to my TOP FIVE SMOOTHIE RECIPES right now as a thank you!!
NEW RECIPES DELIVERED FOR FREE!
Get the latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox, and be the first to hear about new cooking classes, workshops, blog post updates, and more! Give it a try...you can unsubscribe at any time. :-)
And, of course, I promise to never spam you or sell your email address to anyone.
PLEASE NOTE: The information provided throughout my website pertaining to your health or wellness, is not intended to be a substitute for the professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by your own physician or health care provider. It is intended to be provided for informational, educational, and self-empowerment purposes only. This information should not be used to diagnose, treat or cure any illness or health condition. If you have, or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your physician or health care provider. A Health Coach is defined as a guide and mentor who empowers clients to take responsibility for their own health and supports them to implement and sustain lifestyle and behavior changes that will contribute to the achievement of their personal wellness goals. I became certified as a Health Coach because of my passion for health and wellness, and to work with others on incorporating positive and healthy changes in their lives.
© 2018 Web Design by Lisa Smith, Geek Girls In Vegas